Vision & Mission
We undertake, in accordance with our mission and role at national level, to participate in actions to promote peace and to promote women in sport. We also undertake to support and encourage the promotion of sports ethics, to fight against doping and to demonstrate a responsible concern for environmental issues.
To develop and protect the Olympic movement in Brunei Darussalam in accordance the Olympic Charter and if necessary in co-operation with government and non-governmental bodies in the country without contradicting the Olympic Charter.
The objects of the Council shall be:
- To promote and encourage the general interest of sports and recreation in Brunei Darussalam.
- To act as coordinating body for all sporting and recreational organizations in Brunei Darussalam and to work in co-operation with private or governmental bodies concerning the promotion of sound sports policy.
- To co-operate with National Olympic Council or such organization in other countries in all matters to the general interest of sports and in particular in the organization of international competitions, but not so as to limit any way the activities of existing associations.
- To plan, select, train and administer Brunei Darussalam teams or organization whether representing Brunei Darussalam or as part of a joint team of organization with any other country or countries, and for the purpose to be affiliated to International Olympic Committee, the Commonwealth Games Federation, the Olympic Council of Asia, the South-East Asian Games Federation, and any other organization of a like nature.
- To set qualifying standards for Individuals or teams for participation in competitions under the auspices of the organizations specified in paragraph (d] above;
- To raise and administer, any funds of the Council for the furtherance of the objects of the Council;
- To be completely independent and autonomous and shall resist all political, religious or commercial pressure;
- To do all such other lawful acts and things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.
- To propagate the fundamental principles of Olympism at National Level, within the frame-work of sports activities.
- The diffusion of Olympism in the teaching programmes of physical education in schools and universities in the country.
- To establish institutions like a National Olympic Academy, National Sports Museum and Cultural institutions related to Olympic movement in order to devote themselves for Olympic Education in the country.
- To ensure and to observe the Olympic Charter in Brunei Darussalam.
- To encourage the development of sports including Olympic Sports and non-Olympic Sports at all levels in Brunei Darussalam.
- Help the training of sports administrators and sports officials for all sports in Brunei Darussalam.
- To commit itself to take action against any form of discrimination in sport on the basis of race, religion, politics, sex or otherwise and also against any form of violence in sports.
- To adopt and implement World Anti Doping Code, thereby ensuring that the Council anti-doping policies and rules, membership and/or funding requirements and results management procedures conform with the World Anti Doping Code and respect all the roles and responsibilities for NOCs that are listed within the World Anti Doping Code.
- Work towards maintaining a harmonious co-operation and relation, with the government or its' agencies while maintaining its own autonomy as well as resisting any form of pressure on political, religious or economic grounds, that may prevent it from complying with the Olympic Charter.